5 Things You Should Do During A Hurricane to Minimize Damage. During a Hurricane can be extremely frightening, however, it is very important that you remain calm and logical, in order to minimize complications to both yourself and your property. Here are a few points you should be sure to adhere to;
- Do not go outside unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If you are away from home, remain where you are until the hurricane has passed.
- Keep a fully charged emergency light close at hand.
- In case of falling debris, stay under a table or stand in a sturdy closet.
- If your glass windows have not been boarded up, place a large heavy object in front of the window to protect yourself and others from splintering glass.